Ads



Thursday, December 18, 2008

Internal Medicine Exam

My last day of Internal Medicine was Wednesday and since then I have been studying for my shelf exam which is tomorrow. This is the exam that every medical student in the country takes after their internal medicine rotation. I think that the national mean is a 74%. In order to get an A in the rotation you need to beat the national mean by 0.25 standard deviation above the mean. In addition to getting above the mean you also have to get an A on your clinical rotation. The clinical grade comes from ratings from the doctors you work with during the rotation.  We shall see how it goes. So far I have been able to beat the mean on the exams from my previous rotations. Hopefully I can keep that trend going. 

I start pediatrics in January.

No comments: