Ads



Thursday, October 23, 2008

Done with Surgery

Many students, physicians, and professors say that the most difficult rotation during medical school. The reasons for this statement is because of the long hours and malignant people you have to work with while on surgery. The rotation is particularly difficult for students who have no interest in surgery. 

I did not find the rotation too difficult. I am interested in surgery and I was able to avoid a lot of the difficult personalities by doing ENT and Ophthalmology for part of my rotation. It is well known that the specialties in surgery that do not require general surgery training a different kind of surgeon. 

I feel like I learned a ton on the rotation and I was able to participate in some great surgeries.I have my national board exam on Friday 10/24 (today). I have been studying during any free time I could get during the past 2 months. Hopefully it will be enough to do well on the exam. 

Next, I start internal medicine on Monday. 

No comments: