Ads



Monday, September 1, 2008

Day before surgery

Tomorrow is the big start of surgery. If you get a chance you can listen to Metallica's song Enter the Sandman. I have been learning this on my guitar and the beginning of the song builds like many of Metallica's songs. I feel like this building rush as I get ready for surgery to start. 

Here is some info about the Surgery rotation at Cook County. There are 5 different specialty surgery rotations at Cook. Each are 2 weeks long so I will get to do 4 of them. The required rotations are Colorectal surgery, Surgical-Oncology, Pediatric surgery. Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgery are elective but I will only get to do one of them. 

The call schedule is q7 which is nice. That means I will only be on call once every 7 days. The other thing I have to stay up on is preparing for the Surgery shelf exam at the end of the rotation. I have already started reading and doing practice questions. I need to do about 2 - 4 hours / day of studying to make sure that I am ready for the test. Supposedly the exam is fairly difficulty. I started reading on friday and I have done about 50 practice questions already. 


No comments: