Ads



Thursday, July 31, 2008

Study, Study Study

So I have been studying for 14+ hours and have at least another 20 or so to go to get ready for my exam tomorrow at 10:00 am. The test will cover a 700+ page book we were given about Emergency Medicine. The book covers everything in great detail. 

The challenge here is how to go through the 700 pages and determine what will most likely be tested and then figure out how to memorize those details. Like everything else in medical school it is like trying to drink through a fire hose. I was so busy and tired during my rotation that it was very hard to come home and read from the book and study. There is no way to guarantee that the things I was learning during my rotation are the same things that will be tested.

However, be cause I have been doing this for 3 years now, I no longer panic and worry about it. I basically just keep studying and hope that some of it sticks and that it is the same stuff that will be tested. We had a review yesterday which was helpful. 

Back to studying. 

No comments: